Lacey Estates, the third stop on our run, was merely a dream of the Lacey family. In 2002, Charles Lacey and his son Kimball attended a grape growing seminar that year and came back determined “We can do this”! Their property on Closson Road, being one of the highest elevations in The County was the perfect spot to turn this dream into a reality. The family hand-planted their first grapes in 2003. Lacey Estates opened its doors in 2009 and sold out their first vintage in three months and their second vintage the following year.
Kimball Lacey’s learned to make wine under the tutelage of Norman Hardie acting as his assistant for four vintages. Kimball is currently the assistant winemaker to Debra Paskus at Closson Chase where he has been there for the past 6 years in addition to being the winemaker at Lacey Estates.
Producing high quality wines from small batches is what Lacey Estates prides itself on. Their vines are grown in a mixture of clay limestone soil that is compared to that of Burgundy, France. Their wines are European in style, full bodied with complexity and minerality. They have chosen to feature their 2010 Chardonnay to our Terroir Runners. A deep gold colour, this mineral driven chardonnay has notes of citrus with a splash of vanilla and caramel that finishes with a light oak feel on the palate giving this wine its unique character.
Lacey Estates invites all of our runners back to the winery with your Terroir Run passport. They will be hosting a cheese and wine pairing with local cheese.
- Sandbanks Vacations
- The Old Third Vineyard
- Lacey Estates Vineyard
- Closson Chase Winery
- The Grange Of Prince Edward Vineyard
- Hinterland Wine Co
- Rosehall Run Winery
- Casa-Dea Estates Winery
- Norman Hardie Winery
- From The Farm Cooking School
- Karlo Estates
- Taste of Nature
- Slow Food the County
- Barley Days Brewery
- Wine Country Ontario
- County Cider Company
- By Chadsey’s Cairns
- Humble Bread
- Pluck Teas
- Pomodoro PEC
- Spending this sunny Victoria Day preparing 4 the run! Registration closes May 25th @ 12pm. Still room to join us for dinner @Pomodoropec too
- One more week to registered for our run! Great company, great wine, great food, great fun! Join us! Pls RT
- Great legs! Great Body! Great t's! Thanks @foodonyourshirt - you are a rock star!
- Great run in Ottawa today while in town on business. Their annual marathon is expecting 44,000 runners this year!...
- Zesty perk for our foodie runners | Terroir Run - thanks @zestkitchenshop
- Thanks Zest Kitchen Shop for your support