Our runners will make their way past Closson Chase where they will be greeted with the first of three water stations. The Closson Chase property was purchased in 1997. At that time the farm grew annual crops but had been a dairy farm for many years prior. The site’s unique qualities, as seen through the eyes of viticulturist Deborah Paskus led the owners to believe it would produce exceptional wines.
Their approach to viticulture begins with crop density, pairing the right varietals to the climate, applying sustainable farming and organic growing. They approach winemaking with minimal interference, indigenous yeasts, gentle handling and long barrel aging.
The highly rated 2009 Closson Chase Vineyard Chardonnay is fermented and aged in barrel for 16 months is a blend of both their north and south vineyards. It speaks to the emerging character of Closson Chase Chardonnays. With fruit forward, the nose shows notes of firm fresh pear, lemon peel and a hint of green apple. Its great acidity is rounded out by softer oak lees with flavours of warmed butter and pastry dough. It is well integrated, with a persistent finish.
This chardonnay has garnered many accolades since its release:
Tony Aspler – 92 points “A triumph of terroir and technique.”
Christopher Waters- 4 stars “…an attractive wine with considerable length.”
John Szabo – 92 points “…strong contender for top chardonnay in the Province.”
David Lawrason – 91 points “very complete… traditional style that is all about complexity, texture and depth.”
Sara D’Amato – 91 points “Sharp as a whip, focused and mineral driven, the oak takes a backseat to the vibrant citrus flavours in this compelling Chardonnay.”
Closson Chase is pleased to welcome our Terroir Run runners and share the fruits of their labours with us!
- Sandbanks Vacations
- The Old Third Vineyard
- Lacey Estates Vineyard
- Closson Chase Winery
- The Grange Of Prince Edward Vineyard
- Hinterland Wine Co
- Rosehall Run Winery
- Casa-Dea Estates Winery
- Norman Hardie Winery
- From The Farm Cooking School
- Karlo Estates
- Taste of Nature
- Slow Food the County
- Barley Days Brewery
- Wine Country Ontario
- County Cider Company
- By Chadsey’s Cairns
- Humble Bread
- Pluck Teas
- Pomodoro PEC
- Spending this sunny Victoria Day preparing 4 the run! Registration closes May 25th @ 12pm. Still room to join us for dinner @Pomodoropec too
- One more week to registered for our run! Great company, great wine, great food, great fun! Join us! Pls RT
- Great legs! Great Body! Great t's! Thanks @foodonyourshirt - you are a rock star!
- Great run in Ottawa today while in town on business. Their annual marathon is expecting 44,000 runners this year!...
- Zesty perk for our foodie runners | Terroir Run - thanks @zestkitchenshop
- Thanks Zest Kitchen Shop for your support